Tuesday, January 25, 2011

UH. I DIDN'T STUDY.

DISASTER OF DISASTERS.

I'm such an idiot. If I could kick myself in the face, I would right now. Although I'm sure I'd have a different reaction if it weren't for this particular...complication.

But now for some reason as a result, I can't get Ben Folds out of my head:



I really like this song. It's another one of my favorites from this album. It's almost heartbreaking, really...


Claire's Ninth
Music by Ben Folds, lyrics by Nick Hornby


So she stands and waits and waits at the school gate 
They're late, they come, so dumb 
In two cars when they agreed one 
And it's gone wrong on her birthday 
So they go to Joe's for pizza and ice cream 
They sit and stare and Claire just wants to be 9 and a half 
Next year she'll tell them she only wants world peace 

But Claire, Claire baby 
I wish you knew how this all got twisted 
I wish you could see right inside us 
In all of this stuff, the best of us that we can't get out 

What's the point of this 
What's wrong with two birthdays 
It's cool at school 
Her friends, they all have two birthdays 
Oh geez, he just asked the waitress out on a date on her birthday 


But Claire, Claire baby
I wish you knew how this all got twisted
I wish you could see right inside us
In all of this stuff, the best of us that we can't get to

Here's the cheque
They pay with two cards like they've never met
Goodbyes outside; it's cold in LA

Claire, Claire baby
I wish you knew how this all got twisted
I wish you could see right inside us
The best of us for most of us
Or what we were, you're all that's left
It used to be our birthday too

No comments:

Post a Comment