Friday, January 14, 2011

Bread makes you FAT?!

I've been in such a funk today. Seems like this happens alot lately. Unfortunately, said funkiness most likely affected my performance on my MCAT diagnostic. Great. 

I'd rant about my reasons, but I'd be beating dead horse. Not even dead - more like just the cold, bare skeleton of said horse slowly being swallowed by the earth. 

I guess I'll also put some blame on the ridiculous weather we're getting. 

Now the question is, how do I cheer myself up? 

Scott Pilgrim vs the World, of course! This time with director and writers' commentaries on. Woo. 

WhywhyWHY do they make Knives Chau/Ellen Wong get a haircut halfway through the film?! She's way cuter pre-haircut. Ugh. 

As for Ramona's hair colors, my favorite is the blue. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because my favorite color is blue. Or I have thing for girls with blue in their hair? I wish I could put some blue in my hair. Who knows. 

...so now I'm realizing, what's the deal with this story and hair? Knives' hair cut, Ramona's hair color changes, and Scott's insecurity about his lack of hair-cut. 

I think the numbering motifs are very clever in this film. What I discovered from this commentary is the thing about Scott drinking Coke Zero. Zero! Get it? Because Scott is number zero before he has to fight all of Ramona's exes...

...well I think it's neat. 

Also I've been meaning to link this song for some time, and this morning on my treacherous drive back here, it came up on my ipod, which prompted me to remember at some point to link it. 


Yeah it's somewhat old, but it's one of my favorite kpop songs as well as one of my favorite songs in general. No, I can't speak Korean except pick up on some basic words/phrases, but I like to believe music itself transcends spoken language barriers. Anyways. 

I'm not sure what it is about this song. I love the beat, and the electronica sound that weaves its way throughout the entire piece. A friend once commented that Dambi doesn't seem like all that great of a singer. Maybe said friend has a point. But regardless, I still love this song. 

Also, this music video is just plain hot. The chair dance in the beginning? Oh man. Unfortunately because of that, I also sometimes vaguely associate this song as stripper/ing song-music. Or is it lapdance. Wait what. 

Going to San Fran for the MLK weekend. But honestly, I'm more excited at the prospect of eating  In-N-Out than the trip itself. 

FUCK YEAH IN-N-OUT. 

No comments:

Post a Comment