Sunday, January 30, 2011

Brain Dump.3

What a day. Auditioned for Kollaboration: Atlanta with an original song I wrote. Was I nervous? Oh hell yes. I haven't done many auditions in general, so it's still a pretty nerve-wracking experience for me. How did it go? Well I gave it my best shot, and I think I did well enough.
I'm not quite sure why I decided to audition. I thought it'd be fun? An interesting learning experience? Maybe I felt like if I auditioned and got in, it'd be like some kind of validation for music. Or something.

After the audition, they did a video interview. There were quite a number of questions about why I do what I do, what it means to be an artist/Asian-American artist, the fact about minorities in general trying to get into mainstream media and entertainment, and even advice to give to other aspiring artists. Honestly, I felt kinda bad, hypocritical. I don't consider myself an artist. I mostly auditioned just for the hell of it, and music is something I love. I do think what Kollaboration does and its mission is really awesome and great, but...yeah. I don't know.

Also, celebrated little brother's (alright, not-so-little anymore but he's still little to me) birthday with other family. While at the restaurant, I kinda observed a gaggle of kids crowding around their table, leaning over iphones/ipod touches as they played games and chatted on about other fun things. Made me kinda nostalgic and wish that I were 5 or 6 again, when all that mattered were toys, video games, skipping showers as many times as possible, and thinking girls were gross and mean. Good times.

Watched No Reservations (movie, not Anthony Bourdain show). This movie isn't all that great and it's pretty damn predictable (what romantic movie isn't) but there's just some kind of charm that I enjoy. Maybe it's Zeta-Jones looking so pretty/classy, or the chemistry between her and Eckhart that seems to work pretty well. Maybe I just like the food aspect. Who knows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment