Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I Left My Heart in San Francisco

^Because I like using songs/music in cheesy/witty ways.

SF is so very interesting and unique. It's been quite awhile since I'd visited last, so seeing visiting places I've been before had a pretty fresh feeling to them. Haight-Ashbury was new to me. It's a trendy little place filled with strange art, music, and hippies, so to speak. Kinda like Little Five Points in Atlanta, but bigger and better. Also, apparently we really lucked out with the weather during our visit. Usually in January-February, SF weather is freakishly unpredictable with varying degrees of heavy fog, torrential rain, and flip-flopping warm/cold temps. Our stay was graced with awesome sunshine with just the right amount of cool. Sweet.

I sometimes wonder if I'd like to live in a big city, but I feel like I'm too passive and something of a push-over to survive in this type of setting. But then again who knows, maybe city-living would force me to be assertive.

The cost of living though is just so damn high in big cities, it's almost dizzying.

I'd like to compare SF to New York but it's been a while since I've been to the latter city. If I lived in San Francisco there's the potential for earthquakes. But New York seems like it'd be freakishly cold and snowy. Then I forgot how hilly SF is. Seriously. So many damn hills that I wish we passed a bike-messenger so I could give him a high five. Although across the Golden Gate bridge, there were cyclists galore. I'd so bike like crazy if I lived in SF. Beautiful.

Who knows, who knows. Maybe I'd go to a city for residency.

But for the present, it's time to begin slaving over schoolwork. Fun stuff.



When I first started discovering youtube for myself, this video was featured on the front page one day, and I just fell in love with this song. Since then, I've been following this artist, Goh Nakamura, a Bay Area independent musician. I feel this song is appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment